Your First Visit to Center Chiropractic
As with any doctor visit, your first visit will start with new patient paperwork. This paperwork can also be completed in the convenience of your own home and brought with you to your first visit.
Once you’ve completed the paperwork, you will meet your doctor. This involves a thorough consultation where we determine what the problem is and whether we can help.
During your first visit, you can expect your doctor to:
- Discuss your medical history
- Preform a neurological, orthopedic and chiropractic exam
- Provide you with first-aid recommendations and initial care (see below)
- Refer you for further diagnostic tests e.g. x-rays, scans, bloodwork, etc. as needed
The first aid recommendations consist of: some ‘dos and don’ts, rules to live by guide, and some biomechanical recommendations.
What Do the Examinations Entail?
- The neurological exam involves testing your reflexes and sensations, in addition to some cranial nerve testing.
- The orthopedic exam involves carrying out stress tests of the ligaments, joints and muscles of the body.
- The chiropractic exam involves palpation and observation of the curvatures of the spine.
You will be gowned for these examinations.
At this point, we determine whether or not you require further diagnostic testing (X-rays, MRI/CAT scan, blood-work or other neurological tests).
If required, you will be referred out for this to take place.
Your Second Visit
Your second visit involves the following:
- An extensive Report of Findings
- Formulation of a personalized care plan
- If you approve of our treatment plan, we can immediately start the therapy to get you well
Once your care is under way and you are beginning to heal, here at Center Chiropractic, we offer a two-part follow-up care option to our patients:
- Phase 3 is what we call the ‘wellness’ or ‘remodeling’ phase. This involves the formulation and maintenance of a wellness care plan, which involves regular chiropractic care, nutritional advice, and reinforcing of your exercise program.
- Phase 4 is what we call our “reactivation” option. This involves getting back in touch with us should you develop a new condition or if an aggravation occurs in an existing health concern.
Call today to schedule your first appointment to learn how our chiropractic techniques can benefit your health and well being. (860) 521-2929